Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
PRODUCTION MANAGER - 323802
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Production Manager needed in a Large Pharmaceutical Company based in Midrand.
The Production Manager is responsible for the Management of Production of the respective Business Units. It includes but is not limited to overseeing the day to day production schedule/s, managing the production activities, conducting of procurement as well as staff management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure proper functions for Production by:
1. Communicating job expectations
2. Planning and monitoring
3. Appraising job results, coaching, counselling and disciplinary actions
4. Coordinating and enforcing systems as well as policies and procedures
- Taking responsibility for the stock remedy and Livestock Pharmacy production unit
- Staff management by recruiting, selecting, orientating and development of individuals
- Maintain a work flow by monitoring steps of the process:
1. Selecting processing variables
2. Observing control points and equipment
3. Implementing cost reductions
4. Developing reporting procedures and systems
5. Facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
6. Initiating and fostering a spirit of co-operation within and between departments
- Complete a Production plan by:
1. Scheduling and assigning personnel
2. Accomplishing work results
3. Establishing priorities
4. Monitoring progress
5. Revisiting schedules
6. Resolving problems
7. Reporting results of processing flow on shift production summaries
- Maintain a Quality service by establishing and enforcing ISO and cGMP Standards
- Ensure Operation of equipment by calling for repairs, preventative maintenance, maintaining maintenance logs.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analysing production performance records and data.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Supervising production line operation and in line quality assurance process checks
- Plan and organise of daily tasks according to production plan
- Ensure company targets are met for inventory days
- Ensure company targets are met for gross profit percentage
- Dealing with contract manufacturers and new interested parties
- Budgeting of departmental expenses
- Equipment evaluation and ensure machinery are utilised according to capacity yield
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Stock control
- Company compliance
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- Management Qualification
- Qualification in Chemistry / Pharmaceuticals
- 3 - 5 Years experience in a Production / Manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of: 1. Basic Conditions of Employment, 2. Labour Relations Act, 3. Employment Equity Act, 4. Occupational Health and Safety Act.