A Multinational Services entity based in the East of Johannesburg is looking for a an Accountant. We are looking for a candidate with a stable track record as an Accountant.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Overall responsibility and accountability for full trial balance reconciliation up to and including month end reporting incorporating all statutory requirements.
2. Full responsibility for the general ledger and subsidiary books, registers and records of the company. Collating of the accounting input, adjustments, reconciliations and preparation of the accounting records to balance sheet for such profit centres.
3. Timeous preparation of the monthly reports required by the UK and local management. Preparation of Management Reports required to comprehensively explain the financial results of the company.
4.Provide supervision of and instruction to the Regional Finance team where necessary, to provide induction and training to finance teams in other areas/countries
5. Drive process improvements by identifying cost reduction opportunities across the company and work with management to co-ordinate the implementation thereof.
6. Preparation of annual budget and midterm forecasts
7. Preparing variance analysis – month on month; vs per year; vs budget
8. Preparing weekly cost forecasts
Accounting degree or diploma with minimum of three years Accountancy in corporate environment
Five years of experience in a preparation of accounts to balance sheet and relevant major account reconciliations.
Foreign exchange experience.
Regional Finance experience – various companies/divisions to consolidate
Financial management reporting and budgeting
Use of accounting tools/ERP such as Peoplesoft, SUN or other accounting packages
Package & Remuneration
R 35 000 - 40 000 Monthly plus Medical Aid, Pension