Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - 369331
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
East Rand, Gauteng
The role reports to the Plant Finance Manager and is part of a team responsible for delivering all aspects of plant management accounting with specific responsibility for management of production costs including standard cost allocations and variance analysis for production orders, including metal and other material costs, alongside budgeting & forecasting for variations in the plant.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for providing variations analysis, downloads and forecasts in real time and summarising these through the month end close and forecasting process.
• As part of regular reporting cycle, provide Plant Management team, Business and Finance stakeholders with prompt, clear, comprehensive reporting summarising monthly production costs against targets. Specifically:
• Responsible for MOR submissions for all variations to standard lines in the plant.
• Responsible for reviewing cost centre accounts with the GL Accountants and Metal Accountants ensuring any accounting entries required are made to ensure that balance sheets are recorded accurately.
• Work closely with the Plant Finance Manager to provide business partnering support to the plant operations team undertaking variance analysis reviews on standards, identification of trend and preparing root cause analysis. Use this analysis to improve profit by identifying risks and opportunities, translating this into actionable insights and plans, setting stretch target plans and monitoring plan execution.
• Act as the key liaison point for the sector product costing and segment analyst teams in understanding short and long-term standard cost developments for the plant, and work with these teams to set standard costs for the plant for both new product introductions and for an annual re-setting of existing product standards.
• Liaise with all departments, especially production, procurement and logistics, to support the product costing team in submitting standard costs, including material standards, metal usage standards and allocation of overheads following sector policies. Align standard costs to ensure they map to the procurement, manufacturing and supply chain excellence improvements signed off by the plant and sector management teams.
• Work closely with the Sector FP&A team to provide a robust suite of standard operational management reports and dashboards enabling monitoring and measuring of key cost drivers to support management insights.
• Prepare ad hoc Plant financial analysis to support Plant Management team with tactical and strategic decision-making including process optimisation suggestions.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Plant Management team and Sector team stakeholders involved in Plant management accounting processes and support the development and adherence to local accounting policies and procedures.
• Act as a leading figure in change and continuous improvement of the plant’s insights & decision support processes including implementation of innovative technologies, standard processes, process automation and productivity improvements.
• Working relationships with the plant management teams (in particular, the plant financial accountant/ internal compliance and control leads and Accounting Services Manager) and Sector Finance functions (FP&A).
• Work closely with the Plant Finance Manager and Plant Operations team to provide business partnering support to the plant operations team.
Qualifications/ knowledge/ experience
(Technical/ professional knowledge and skills competency)
University degree qualification Desirable
Professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA or equivalent Essential
Significant experience in financial cost management and analysis Essential
Significant and substantial experience within Finance function preferably in the manufacturing environment Desirable
Experience of chemicals / automotive industry Desirable
Ability to work collaboratively and provide appropriate challenge and insight, often under time pressure Essential
Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks, often to tight deadlines Essential
Ability to work effectively with people from different disciplines, cultures and backgrounds Essential
Good analytical skills Essential
Inquiring approach, constantly challenging the status quo and seeking improvements to existing methods or alternative routes to achieve business goals. Desirable
Personal skills including Company behavioural competencies
Excellent communication and influencing skills Essential
High level of written, verbal and oral English language skills Essential
Additional languages advantageous Desirable
Ability to interact with and influence a diverse group of non-finance people Essential
Able to build trusted, collaborative relationships Essential
Ability to help others to think through problems by providing appropriate knowledge Essential
Ability to analyse data, communicate it simply and determine impactful action plans Essential
Role model of the Company Values Essential
Key Finance Competencies
Financial Control & Systems Intermediate
Risk Evaluation and Management Intermediate
Accounting, Processes & Reporting Advanced
Strategy and Investor Perception Foundation
Business Planning, Financial Performance and Analysis Advanced
Maximise Value (Business Case, Commercial Acumen, Cash, Working Capital, Business Processes) Intermediate