Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
FLEET OPERATIONS MANAGER - 314237
FLEET OPERATIONS MANAGER
Transport / Logistics / Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Saldanha Bay, Western Cape
Fleet Operations Manager (Logistics concern) Saldanha
The Fleet Manager will be accountable for the day to day fleet activities , provide leadership to fleet staff and ensure optimum and efficient management of company assets so as to align to the company’s Customer Centric Strategy. Customers are located within the various strategic business locations. The key focus areas for the business is the supply chain and logistics management of Steel, Coal, Agri products, Minerals (Manganese and Chrome), FMCG and Other Industrial cargo. The successful candidate must be energetic, persuasive, well organised with a proven track record in a similar management position.
· Manage a fleet of greater than 140 trucks and supporting equipment
· Management of budgets and transport costs
· Ability to analyse statistical data, identify trends and to create tactics so as to align with optimisation strategy and thereby improve the operational performance of the fleet
· Monitor tracking systems and data analysis for performance management of key performance indicators regarding vehicle utilisation and tracking (including Fuel Account, Consumption, Fuel Reports, minimising downtime)
· Maintain all necessary records to ensure that vehicles provided by the company comply with legal and business requirements. Comply with fleet regulations whilst supporting our customer on the Road Traffic Act and update policies and processes
· Full liaison point between the Company and Drivers management of drivers to ensure compliance including time and attendance, leave and overtime and preparing rosters
· Implement fleet preventative maintenance program and ensure vehicles are checked on a routine basis Tyres; Breaks; Scratches; Dents; Maintenance; Services and repairs etc.
· Manage and coordinate maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of vehicles are working at all times to meet customer needs
· Assist with the administration of the company's vehicle policy and ensure compliance with relevant standards and legislation
· Manage company fines & deductions for Payroll as well as performance management
· Take relevant action in the event of an accident or driver vehicle abuse including accountability for incident investigations
An appropriate qualification in Logistics and Warehouse Management
Experience with driver and asset monitoring technology systems and project management
Minimum of 5 years transport management experience
English and/or Afrikaans/IsiXhoso/IsiZulu
Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with cross functional teams