Well established company based in the Western Cape and specializing in solar resource assessments for the solar energy industry has an opportunity for a junior technician to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• On-site calibration of weather stations primarily at utility scale solar power plants. The candidate will work with solar and other meteorological instruments, data logging equipment and software and communication systems. Many of the sites are in remote locations locally and abroad.
• Pre-calibration equipment checks and maintenance (office based).
• Setting up of lab and calibration of weather stations at utility scale solar plants.
• Office based calibration of weather station sensors.
• Coordinate calibration projects.
• National Certificate/National Diploma (N3/N6), National Diploma in Electronic, Mechatronic
Engineering (a BTech Degree is not required) or any other relevant qualification
• Good English and Afrikaans proficiency
• Valid driver’s License and own transport
• South African Citizen
• Excellent health
• Above average morale
Who should apply for this position?
• Young technicians that are looking for a career change and to join a small and energetic company that provides services in the fast-expanding field of Solar Energy
• Candidates that enjoy travelling and working in remote locations and who can work independently. This position requires the candidate to be in the field at least 1-2 weeks per month
• People with an eagerness to learn and who are self-motivated