Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR - 365174
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
East Rand, Gauteng
A short and accurate statement of why the job exists, this will outline the main aim of the role.
Coordinates the activities of a team of quality staff to carry out checks & testing to confirm product compliance to requirements. Ensures testing takes place according to the control plan. Focuses on mentoring, coaching and coordination.
Desired Experience & Qualification
State the principal accountabilities (this should be no more than 6 top key accountabilities for the role) in terms of results achieved.
• Monitors the performance of equipment and processes. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves scheduling problems in order to maintain efficient operations.
• Prepares activity and progress reports to recurring problems, either with the quality of the product or the reliability of testing procedures, so that problems can be identified and addressed.
• Prioritises and assigns tasks to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
• Sets annual goals and objectives for the department ensuring alignment with company goals.
• Assists in evaluating new measurement equipment and instrumentation and may perform high level projects as required.
• Reviews others analytical data for simple tests to ensure QC, as well as providing technical advice to both maintain and improve QC standards.
• Manage, coach, organise and motivate team of direct reports to ensure team goals and objectives are achieved.
Scope of the Role
The magnitude of the role – quantifiable effect on business end result, include information such as span of control, budget managed, geographic span, sales, production costs, CAPEX (information dependent on function).
Manages shift team of Quality Engineers & Quality Inspectors within a large plant.
Key experience/ skills
Define the top 3 attributes needed to be successful in the role (in addition to the leadership statement below)
- Demonstrated experience in effective leadership, with ability to coach, develop and engage individuals and teams. Instill a culture of accountability and effective leadership of change.
• Experienced in leading projects/task delivery and good knowledge of how technical areas (product/technology/market) are linked to business needs and commercial issues.
• Applies technical expertise with knowledge of business needs and commercial issues to generate solutions for internal and external customers.