Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
WAREHOUSE CO-ORDINATOR - 336992
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
My client in the engineering and heavy equipment industry is looking for a Warehouse Co-ordinator to join their team in Middleburg, Mpumalanga.
APPLICANTS IN THE AREA WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
The purpose of the role is essential for timeous execution of daily processes in accordance with best warehouse practices. Proper co-ordination will improve overall service levels and turnaround time for parts counter, outbound and workshop.
Better management and prioritizing of orders will ensure improved outbound efficiencies and flow which will maintain healthy communication channels between internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning, co-ordination and control of all operational warehouse activities
- Ensure day-to-day execution of outbound picking and dispatch requirements
- All picking requirements for counter sales, branches and work orders.
- Monitor daily workload- current and outstanding
- Adjust work capacity to finalize the daily operational requirements
- Ensure all warehouse activities are performed according to the “same day principle”
- Ensure that perpetual counts and bin maintenance are accurately done on a daily basis
- Give daily feedback to the Parts Manager
- Ensure good housekeeping / safety and accuracy of work
- Ensure all areas within the warehouse comply with the Babcock (SHEQ) health and safety rules and regulations
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting as requested by the Parts Manager
- Initiating of daily perpetual stock counts at regional branches
- Ensure inbound and outbound efficiencies and productivity
- Ensure orders are released on time according to priorities to meet service requirements
- Update and maintain stock sheets
Relevant qualification in Logistics / Supply chain will be advantageous
Work experience within the warehouse environment
3 – 5 years warehouse experience within the mining construction or automotive industries.
Working knowledge and understanding of inventory and supply chain concepts
Advanced Excel, Ms word
Working knowledge of accounting systems
Problem-solving and analytical skills
Must be able to work independently
Strong leadership and communication skills
Concern for order and quality
Customer service orientated
Teamwork and co-operation
Disciplined, hard working and ethical
Be able to work under pressure