Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
PROCESS ENGINEER - 315824
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Purpose of the Role:
As part of Engine Plant Production team, the Process Engineer will continuously carry out evaluations and assessments to improve existing production / machining processes with the aim of reducing cost and increase quality and productivity. Formulate, Introduce and Maintain production processes with regards to new model introduction.
· Monitoring and control of tooling budget with the emphasis on CPU reduction and productivity improvement.
· Complete and issue of technical specifications for the manufacture of new tooling and facilitates, or modification, to ensure that Production have proper facilities with which to build to the required quality and productivity.
· The interpretation /compilation and distribution of technical data to Production and the maintenance thereof in accordance to the Quality Management System.
· Determining corrective action plans for out –of –line machining / assembly conditions.
· Determining tool / process choice with regards to cost per component reduction.
· Maintaining Process documentation Systems files.
· Conducting area pre-audits to external audits by Konzern or Certification bodies.
· Analyse bottleneck processes and support Production in finding solutions.
· Liaison with tooling suppliers – both on and of site on problem analysis and rectification.
· Identification of method changes, facility requirements and implementation of technical solutions.
Assist in technical investigations and fault finding exercises
Qualifications and Experience:
National Diploma / BTech / BEng/ BSC Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
Candidates with CNC machining (they should have a good understanding and complete overview of the whole process ( Not a CNC operator; what goes on with the machine); How the machine works; The parts that are produced on the machine; How they are measured; How would the candidate interpret the result of the measurement in order to make changes and /or alterations to the machine to get the correct sizing and quality sign off)
Candidates experience in the following companies: Nissan; Ford Engine Plant; Automotive products in JHB (does Machining for VWSA); Can come from Supplier or OEM; MW Wheels; Dana Spicer/ Axle Uitenhage; Borbet; Hulbert Gose ; OME or first tire Suppliers in the automotive industry
Tool Maker Trade will be advantages
3 years’ experience in production machining/ assembly process environment
In depth knowledge of metal working process (machining and tooling there off), production process, layout and facilities.
Understanding of network architectures, topologies and automation
Good understanding of technical drawings, geometrical forms and SPC.
Excellent insight in total VW engineering, planning, manufacturing system and pre-calculated costing / budget methods.
Be conversant with the entire VW manufacturing plant structure e.g. A-plant, B-Plant and P.E Plant.
Knowledge of Quality tools e.g. SPC, FMEA; Fishbone Diagram, as well as process capability studies. Sound understanding of ISO Quality Management System, DNI Standards and document control.
Analytical and innovative approach to problem-solving skills
Be computer literate, Microsoft Office Package (Excel advanced & PowerPoint advanced)