Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
FITTER - 367700
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Based in Camperdown our client is requiring a Fitter, must be trade tested with experience on motors, gearboxes, conveyors and elevators
Duties & Responsibilities
Guides, trains and coordinates the functions of the General Worker Maintenance on a daily basis in line with the Work instructions.
Ensure you comply and are aware of the maintenance work instructions as documented on the S Drive.
• Lubrication and maintenance of the entire plant.
• Implements Mechanical Asset care plans, (Planned Maintenance) in order to continually improve the plant, grounds and building conditions and ensure plant availability to production on a daily basis.
• Ensure that you support the planned maintenance strategy by conducting mechanical maintenance and breakdowns as per the expected time and job card scheduled.
• Ensure that you are aware and pay attention to urgent breakdowns or items affecting plant efficiencies and quality on a daily basis.
Ensure that you are aware of any maintenance or potential maintenance issues. As soon as you are aware of the above, inform the Maintenance Foreman and start working on the action plan.
• Ensure that all tools and equipment is kept in a good working state.
Ensure at all times that the plant is running productively as far as maintenance are concerned.
• Ensure that you take the necessary actions to prevent and eliminate all potential areas of feed contamination and feed deterioration as well as machinery deterioration as a result of engineering performed.
• Ensure that when working on machinery, all work is performed under lock-out conditions.
Adhere to the following Safety systems:
1. Lockout & Tag Out
2. Hot Work Permit
3. Confined space entry
4. Elevated work permits
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Possession of a valid Code 08/EB drivers license
• 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar position
• Excellent understanding of Safety rules in the manufacturing environment
• Welding experience
• Experience on motors and gearboxes
• Experience with conveyor maintenance
• Experience with elevators