COMPARE ALL PACKAGES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
POST FREE JOB ADVERTS
REGISTER FREE ACCOUNT
SEARCH CV DATABASE
VIEW HOT JOBSEEKERS
JOBSEEKERS CONTACT US
RECRUITERS CONTACT US
VIEW JOB ADVERT DETAILS
Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SENIOR SHEQ OFFICER - 308867
SENIOR SHEQ OFFICER
Human Resources / Recruitment / Labour Brokers
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Paarden Eiland, Western Cape
Senior SHEQ Officer
You will be reporting to the SHEQ Manager.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To administer delivery of projects by supervising and coordinating project/client site activities and maintain safe working practices in the company workplace and on project/client sites.
To assist the SHEQ Department with the compilation of Health & Safety files for projects.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Supervision of SHEQ Officers (communicating job expectations, coaching & training);
2. Liaise with Project Manager (PM) regarding client health & safety requirements;
3. Attend progress/status meetings (where required);
4. Assist with resource planning to meet the Sales Forecast Schedule;
5. Report health & safety deviations to SHEQ Manager, Project Manager and Installation Manager;
6. To ensure that work on project/client site is done in a lawful and safe manner and that the safety of employees and visitors is not compromised;
7. Ensure that operations minimise detrimental impact on the environment and surrounding community;
8. Accomplish objectives by orientating, scheduling, planning, monitoring the success of projects;
9. Identify construction management system improvements where necessary;
10. Report all incidents, accidents, near misses to SHEQ Department;
11. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all company regulations, policies and procedures a as well as the OHS Act and Regulations;
12. Help develop a Health & Safety Plan and strategies;
13. Conduct audits on health & safety files;
14. Perform random site inspections;
15. Complete KPI hours and travel expenses for project timeously and hand in to SHEQ Manager for approval (where relevant).
16. Contractors/Sub-contractors (installers)
16.1 Oversee 100% compliance to Regulatory, Statutory and Client requirements;
16.2 Discuss/communicate timelines for completion of project/work;
16.3 Supervise operations on designated project/client sites and ensure that instructions are understood;
16.4 Manage project/client sites where dangerous hazards can occur;
16.5 Ensure that correct PPE is used on project/client site;
16.6 Monitor time-keeping of SHEQ Officers at designated project/client site;
16.7 Monitor housekeeping and tidiness of appearance of all contractors on designated project/client site;
17. Project Managers (PM’s)
17.1 Liaise with PM re: site safety information for safety file, site access and hand-over;
18. Client/Client Representative
18.1 Liaise with regards to site specification (where required);
19. Company premises
19.1 Assist with the compilation of Safe Working Procedures and Baseline Risk Assessments;
19.2 Assist with in-house safety training (where required);
20.1 Arrange S&T as and when required;
20.2 Conduct safety audits and generate report;
21.1 Ensure 100% compliance to Regulatory, Statutory and Client requirements by performing regular audits (at least one per month);
22. Ad hoc requests from SHEQ Manager.
Competencies and behaviours
Leadership – have integrity and be a role model; motivate staff by setting personal examples;
Attending to tasks - pro-actively and diligently, must be able to multitask;
Time-management and housekeeping - to plan daily and to keep own workplace tidy and organized; work additional hours as or when required;
Business outlook – good understanding of organization’s aims and objectives;
Personal development – to attend and complete in-house and external training successfully.
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...