Relevant Professional Qualification - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Medical Aid, Pension Fund
Bellville, Western Cape
Financial Investment Services Company is seeking a Group Financial Accountant for a fixed term six month maternity leave contract to take full control of the financial accounting function. This position reports directly to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
This is the ideal role for a pragmatic, proactive and energetic person with superior technical ability gained in the Financial Services Industry.
There will be some flexibility in terms of hours, and a combination between work from home and work from office. The position will be between August 2020 – February 2021.
Financial accounting functions:
• Work closely with management to assist with the development of the annual budget to maintain accurate and timely submission of strategic plans;
• Responsible for the effective preparation, maintenance, and reporting of internal and external financial records and business analyses, including monthly management accounts reporting;
• To collect, process and record financial information to support management with accurate financial information to assist in their decision-making processes, to report to directors on the financial status of each company as required and to contribute to the correct reporting of financial information in an acceptable format;
• To populate and/or review journals, perform and/or review accounts receivable/accounts payable/general ledger accounts/reconciliations and liaise with all relevant stakeholders to ensure accurate and complete accounting records from source documentation through to Financial Statements;
• To review monthly invoicing to ensure completeness and accuracy of fee income and allocation of commission income;
• To calculate and journal the monthly reconciliation of all commission received per consultant/planner and, where applicable, per client;
• To reconcile quarterly administration and consulting income to administration system calculations;
• To manage the month-end process by processing all necessary journals (including but not limited to – Payroll, VAT, audit journals, prepayments etc.) in a timeous manner;
• To support the finance department through liaising with other departments, divisions and companies within the group to ensure the accuracy of financial information and intercompany charges;
• Monthly Payroll - providing information to the parties involved (Medical Aid, Group Life, Paymaster etc), reviewing of the payroll reports, reconciliations of GL accounts to reports;
• Monthly review of fixed assets allocated (acquired, disposed of) and managing the fixed assets audit.
• This position will include processing on Accpac.
• Cash flow analysis and forecasts;
• Managing all cashbooks, all call/fixed deposits with 3 different banks for all companies within the group;
• Review, file and pay corporate tax returns;
• Estimate provisional tax and file and pay provisional tax returns;
• Respond to direct and indirect tax queries from SARS;
• Calculation and completion of monthly VAT returns and review of Statement of Account;
• Monthly EMP returns and review of Statement of Account.
• Ensuring that audits and reports are undertaken as necessary and conform as they should to regulatory and statutory bodies requirements. Act as main liaison with External Auditors and manage the annual financial statements.
• Review and oversee of compliance functions including regulatory reports (e.g. FAIS, etc.).
• Compiling the financial groundwork on special projects and new businesses.
• Managing of company secretarial duties, including compiling resolutions in line with relative legislation; CIPC requirements such as Annual Returns; processing on CIPC and allocate payment.
• Compliance functions including regulatory reports regarding financial soundness.
• Managing the financial department (staff).
• Investigating complex financial accounting, authorization of all payments, monthly payroll review and sign off, etc.
• SAIPA (preferable)
• Extensive practical experience on Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint).
• Accpac (intermediate)
• Three (3) years Group Financial accounting experience (post articles) with medium company exposure.
• Contactable references