Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER - 368109
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Relevant Certificate - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R - To Be Discussed - P/M (Per Month)
To be Discussed
Sandton , Gauteng
Senior Network Engineer – Service Provider Required in Linbro Park
CMVAS is a national Network Operator who physically constructs and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and a few African countries. We are looking for a high-end, skilled networking engineer to assist with maintaining and growing our network. We provide many opportunities for growth and much training in this exciting career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Troubleshooting of network faults
o Wireless link outages
o Wireless link degradations
o LTE link outages
o LTE link degradations
o LTE Routers
o Wi-Fi-related faults
• Configuration of networking equipment
o New wireless radios
o Internal wireless access points
o Routers (Mikrotik, LTE, etc) -
o Switches (HP, Ubiquity, MikroTik, etc)
• Configuration of wireless links
o Configuration of new links and client service deployments
o Configuration of new wireless backhaul links implementing into the network
o Tweaking of settings for optimal performance on existing links
o MikroTik configuration on new services and house-keeping
• Solution scoping and design
o New solutions required for ongoing / recurring faults
o Solutions to client change / service requests
o Researching and testing of new wireless radio technologies for proposed usage and implementation
o Office 365 tenant management and maintenance.
o Print server management, and maintenance
• Liaising with clients to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution
o Assist clients with remote troubleshooting to determine the root cause of a fault
• Liaising with 3rd party providers to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution
o Liaise with upstream providers to troubleshoot and resolve any faults that occur
o Investigating new peering possibilities via NAP or JINX and implementing the BGP peers.
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience within a service provider network environment
• Expert knowledge and skills in BGP, OSPF, advanced OSI model troubleshooting, MPLS
• Knowledge of MikroTik routers and switches
• Knowledge of MikroTik Wireless PTP and PTMP and Ubiquiti wireless PTP and PTMP
• Advanced networking qualification (CCNP / CCIE / MTCINE)
• Storage NAS/SAN hardware components replacement and upgrades.
• Storage infrastructure design, deployment, and management.
• 3-year degree in computer science preferred
• VOIP experience highly advantageous
• Good communication and people skills – be a team player and a nice person, we are nice people and want to work with similarly minded people 😉
• Honesty, integrity, patience and a good sense of humour will be welcomed here – we believe that everyone can and should enjoy their time at work.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, able to meet unmovable deadlines and enjoy being busy
• If you are attention-to-detail oriented, enjoy a challenge and can multi-task, this is the position for you.