Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - 367750
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Our client is looking for a Software Developer to form a vital part of a team of multi-skilled Developers who are responsible for creating innovative software that supports critical business processes.
Our dynamic environment is fast paced, using Agile and self-organizing principles in order for our teams to deliver the highest quality products.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Develop innovative software using the latest development tools and frameworks.
• Maintain current systems (web/other) and develop new systems (web/other) using the latest technologies.
• Collaborate with Architects, Product Owners in developing, testing, and deploying systems components.
• Work with the architects to research and develop systems using new technologies.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments.
• Provide second/third line support to supporting services within the technology eco system.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
• A minimum of 2 - 4 years’ hands-on development experience.
• Computer Science related degree, diploma, or similar qualification.
• Experience in working with agile teams and successfully delivering agile based software projects.
• 1+ years hands-on experience in developing applications using Kafka (Architecture) and other messaging systems.
• 1+ Working experience with Kafka Client APIs (Producer, Consumer, Streams).
• 1+ years of Real-time Data pipelines/Streaming in distributed environment.
• Having good hands-on coding skills with C# and applying design patterns.
• Hands-on experience in messaging products like Kafka.
• Experience with Confluent Kafka components (Connect, Schema Registry, KsqlDB).
• Experience in versioning tools (git).
• Experience in developing micro-services on any platform and creation of REST endpoints.
• Load testing, performance analysis, and chaos engineering of distributed systems.
• Exposure to container deployments (Docker, Kubernetes).
• Familiarity with all facets of SDLC - ranging from inception to deployment.
• Real-time dashboards (Grafana, Kibana. Elastic etc)
• Experience designing database applications using MongoDB.
• High-volume event-driven data systems.
• DevOps, CI/CD exposure.
• Accountability and Execution
• Planning & Organizing
• Collaborative Relationships
• Influences effectively
• Time management
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Attention to detail
• Team Orientation