Cape based company specializing in providing comprehensive managerial services to commercial sea-going vessel owners and servicing a variety of commecial shipping industry related business requirements. Their team works with several independent operators, who in turn work to providing and coordinating the services required by the vessel owners. The ideal candidate would come from a marine background who is highly computer literate and who has progressed into an administration and seafaring vessels management role.
Duties & Responsibilities
Operations & logistics management.
Management of all vessel administration, planning & logistics in addition to the other business interests within the company.
A key function of the position is the ability to stay on top of administration, planning, repairs / maintenance schedules and logistics, acting as the control centre.
Procurements of all vessel related items across the full range of departments
Business review, cost analysis, system / processes development & implementation
Split of time between onboard vessels / operations / port facilities and office-based work
Management of staff / crew – conflict resolution, staff development & training, and discipline matters
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BCom degree or similar
- +5 years working experience with exceptionally strong administration skills.
- Proficient in MS office
- Detailed planner, highly organised, proactive nature, zero procrastination
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work off a systems approach with detailed recording for future proof planning
- Proactive problem solving
- International travel required for operations (+-14 days per trip, 3 to 4 times per year)
-Ability to control temperament in stressful situations and focus on the cause to resolve issues
- Self-driven – the ability to work without having to be prompted
- Trust worthy & responsible
- Highly dependable & diligent
- Accountable for actions
- Strong sense of values
- Fair in judgement and objective when managing conflict
- Neat and tidy both at work and in their personal life
- Strong outside interests away from work life
- Driver’s license + own transport
- Ability to self-train and educate on areas of uncertainly or lack of knowledge
- Hands on approach – not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Be able to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to connect and work with people from different backgrounds and cultures across all ages
Package & Remuneration
R360/500K pa Negotiable