Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (FRUIT INDUSTRY) - 366522
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (FRUIT INDUSTRY)
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Somerset West, Western Cape
Established fruit marketing concern is seeking to employ a senior Accountant in their Export Department to report to the General and Financial Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will be:
• Manage a small finance team
• Accounting to trial balance for 5 divisions
• Weekly and monthly financial reporting
• Ad-hoc reporting
• Credit control
• Review and perform reconciliations
• VAT submissions
• Cashflow forecasts and cash analysis
• Daily forex trading and managing of hedged book
• LC & TT bank correspondence and schedules
• Liaising with banks
• SARB applications
• Bank payment authorisation
• Maintain and review costings
• Management and cost accounting
• Assist with annual budget compilation
• Assist with annual audit
• Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
• Monitoring of data integrity
• System champion for ERP system
• Assist finance team in questions relating to Debtors, Creditors, Cashbook, Producer payments and system related problems.
• Ensure all transactions are accounted for according to IFRS for SMEs standards and guidelines.
• Prepare and present weekly financial report for the Marketing team.
Prepare monthly management accounts
Prepare monthly sales report for the Directors
• Prepare ad-hoc reports relating to Consignees, Producers, Suppliers, Costings, etc. requested by Management.
• Review weekly reconciliations:
Debtors Age Analysis, Producer Payment reconciliations, Producer Outstanding Payments, Outstanding LCs and TTs
• Liaison between Banks and Marketing team for LCs. Manage credit limits and load outs on valid LCs. Prepare Bill of Exchange for LC payments. Ensure documents couriered in time for LC validity.
• Update costings at the beginning of the season (and throughout as necessary) on PR3 as well as Excel templates. Manage recovery accounts monthly and investigate if large differences occur. Ensure all actual costs captured against account sales. Sign off Producer account sale costs before Producer payment.
• SARB applications for foreign currency payments and other ad-hoc applications as necessary.
• Manage Consignee credit limits as per authorized limits
• Authorise payments on Nedbank and FNB.
• Month end close on PR3 and related system balance reconciliations.
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced excel skills
• Good knowledge of ERP systems, IT Infrastructure and advanced Excel Skills
• Ability to prioritise work
• To be able to work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills in Afrikaans and English