Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
JUNIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER - 367215
JUNIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Duties & Responsibilities
Junior product Engineer:
▪ Design and manufacture parts and prototypes from first principles.
▪ Design and manufacture tools, jigs and checking fixtures for manufacture of products.
▪ Form part of the cross-functional team for product and process development
▪ Assess industrial feasibility (DFM) of product and tool designs
▪ Determine project timing and work to deadlines
▪ Train staff on new methods and assist in developing training documentation
▪ Complete APQP documentation for products
▪ Conduct trial fitments of prototypes
▪ Source and order required parts from suppliers
▪ Communicate with customers as required
▪ Support process development
▪ Develop and document procedures
▪ Investigate alternative manufacturing techniques
▪ Conduct Tests and Document test results
▪ Setup test equipment and test samples
▪ Supervise testing, test planning and reporting.
▪ Conduct failure mode analysis and problem solving to identify test or equipment issues.
▪ Ensuring laboratory compliance with SANAS and ISO 17025 requirements.
▪ Support the laboratory manager to meet the testing schedule
▪ Supporting operations with regard to maintenance, allocation, and procurement of test equipment and lab supplies
▪ Preparing facilities, fixtures and documentation for customer testing
▪ Preparation and oversight of any off-site testing necessary
▪ Lead test failure analysis and reporting activities
▪ Providing engineering support on assigned consultation projects
Desired Experience & Qualification
▪ Mechanical Engineering Diploma, or equivalent (or demonstrable experience)
▪ 3 years’ experience in a design and manufacture environment
▪ Experience with Solidworks, ProE (CREO), Catia or Inventor will be advantageous
▪ A Code 08 driver’s license will be advantageous