The Merchandiser will be responsible for managing the production of seasonal Range aligned to Global Strategy. The merchandiser applicant must have product development experience, knowledge on fabrication & print techniques on NON DENIM. Manufacturing experience is required. Minimum of 3 years working experience either from a retailer or a supplier.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Timeless style sheet briefing of seasonal Salesmen Samples to suppliers.
• Ensure Salesmen Samples are ready for Line Showing to customers.
• Accurate approvals on fabric; colour; artwork; wash across Salesmen samples; PPS & BPS.
• Timely submission of samples to for Central Approval.
• Timeline and Production Management
• Assuring that fit approvals & general look of the product are in standards.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressured dynamic environment, to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions.
• Prioritization skills with sound decision-making & the ability to plan and manage accordingly.
• Good knowledge of product- able to engineer product within appropriate costing structure with due attention to aesthetic.
• Engaging in effective negotiations with suppliers to ensure best outcome in terms of price, MOQ, capacity and delivery dates.
• Actively managing and driving the deadlines across all seasons to ensure orders are on time.
• Handling supply/production problems as they arise.
• Accountability on Cycle Time from request to delivery with quality & execution of product.
• Self-sufficient in terms of process management from supplier briefs right through to delivery.
• Strong organisational & clear communication skills to suppliers.
• Sound understanding of supply base in terms of supplier strengths, average cost per garment, average MOQ and product development timeline.
• The job involves working in a fast-moving and competitive environment, with high levels of responsibility for potentially very large budgets, where even minor errors can result in vast reductions in profit.
• Merchandisers play a key role within retail, as profits can be affected by how successfully they undertake their role.
• Behavioural competencies such as teamwork, flexibility, communication and initiative.
Desired Experience & Qualification
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in product development; manufacturing and or buying role.
• Clothing Management Diploma or equivalent.
• Strong commercial understanding of denim & non-denim.