Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Senior Specialist: Technical Product Arc (Contract)
To deliver quality service through efficient and professional recruitment and training. To assure our clients and candidates of our personal attention and professionalism at all times.
The role of the Technical Product Architect (TPA) is to design and facilitate the translation
of business strategy, business concepts and initiatives into working product and services, by
delivering an end-end Product Architecture (Design) for any commercial business unit inline
with the Business Unit roadmap.
Responsibilities will include:
• To deliver an end-end Product Architecture (Design) for any commercial business
unit in-line with the product and service roadmap including facilitating Network
and Systems Impact assessments for new Demand across Business Units
• To build a knowledge base of design patterns that can be re-used across multiple
products and services.
• To build and maintain sound relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• To provide technical co-ordination of projects and provide technical input to:
1) The design authority for requirements that requires new capabilities and
2) Target Architecture and
3) Design Forums
• Collecting detailed requirements from business teams
• Preparing a Technical Impact Assessment (TIA) on the requirements and identifying
different systems which will be impacted
• Involving System Owners to understand the existing systems and the impact of
• Carry out Impact Analysis for various business requirements.
• Carry out a network impact analysis for various business requirements in
conjunction with the various Engineering divisions.
• Define and document technical solution proposals for various products and
services or network enhancements.
• Providing support to development and testing team
Product Architecture expect the resources will show initiative and be accountable for
decision-making and ensuing consequences in delivering the overall objective. Possible
objectives include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Provide Product Architecture Specifications (SDD) for projects related to Network
and OSS/BSS architecture.
• Providing Technical Impact Assessment (TIA) for Network and OSS/BSS projects
• Creating and managing a knowledge base for Architecture team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
➢ Matric/Grade 12 (or SAQA Accredited equivalent) (Essential)
➢ Relevant 3-year Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Information Technology or
Computer Science (or SAQA Accredited equivalent (Essential)
➢ Relevant Honours or master’s degree is desirable
➢ TOGAF certified desirable
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge
and understanding by having:
➢ In depth knowledge of Telecommunication Industry
➢ Billing and Mediation Technologies
➢ CRM, Portal and Integration Technologies (essential)
➢ Enterprise Architecture Methodologies and Best Practices
➢ Customer Experience best practices
➢ System level design principles
➢ Product Development Lifecycle
➢ A minimum of 8 years working experience in the Telecommunications Industry in
the areas of Solution Architecture, Product Design and Service Development.
The base location for this role is Midrand, Commercial Park.