Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
HANDYMAN - 312530
Electricians / Plumbers / Repairs / Maintenance
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk
· Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment.
· Perform Routine Preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and the physical conditions of building does not deteriorate.
· Inspect and replace air con filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
· Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
· Assemble, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
· Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodworks, plaster drywall and other parts of building structures.
· Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures such as sheds and outbuildings.
· Equipment Maintenance – perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance in needed.
· Repairing – repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
· Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
· Installation – installing equipment, machines or programs to meet specification.
· Active Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Equipment Selections – determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
· Reading Comprehension – understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Operation Monitoring – watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
· Coordination – adjusting actions in relation to other’s action
· A trade qualification (e.g. electrical, carpentry, painting) will be advantageous.
· A minimum of two years proven experience as a tiller, painter, plumber or carpenter and from construction background.