Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
2 - 3 Years
Relevant Degree - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R - Depending On Experience - P/A (Per Annum)
South Africa’s leading online retailer is looking for highly talented Software Development Engineers to join their exciting team in Stellenbosch. They are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join their team. They offer market related benefits, a great working environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!!
They are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work on their Platform team. You should be initiative and comfortable in taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment. You will work with technical colleagues and should be comfortable gathering and organising information into a sensible action plan.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Design, develop and test code written in Python, working on a platform in Python and bash.
• Building tooling around DevOps and Software Engineering best practices
• Draft technical specifications and briefs
• Monitor latency, performance, efficiency, and change management.
• Passionate about improving resilience and observability of distributed systems
• Perform code reviews
• Maintain and improve code quality
• Write and deploy robust and backwards compatible code
• 2+ years in API and Web development
• Highly proficient with Python or PHP, and related web frameworks and web technologies, such as Django, Flask, or Laravel
• Relational databases
• Architecting, developing, testing and maintaining HTTP based APIs
• Development in a Linux
• interest in learning Docker and Kubernetes
• Solid understanding of version control systems (especially git)
• Advanced understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to algorithms, data structures, design patterns and OOP
• Comfortable with the odd frontend job - must have basic skills with (X)HTML, CSS and JS
BSc in Computer Science, Electrical (& Computer) Engineering or a related field is advantageous
If you would like to be part of a standard of excellence, then this may be the right place for you!
Reference Number for this position is GZ42207 which is a Permanent position based in Stellenbosch offering a salary negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”