Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
ONSITE IT TECHNICIAN - 363727
ONSITE IT TECHNICIAN
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software, backups, installing and maintaining computer communication networks at a company or organization. Ensures networks are running smoothly and upgrades networks to provide maximum performance. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Install computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
• Backup and restore of all user file systems on the servers.
• Set up user accounts and passwords.
• Monitor network usage and security, and ensure internal networks running smoothly.
• Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
• Retrieve forgotten passwords.
• Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
• Ensure systems comply with industry standards.
• Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain, management and monitor of back-up systems.
• Document network problems.
• Support network and computing infrastructure.
• Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
• Oversee software security.
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
• Write training manuals.
• Train computer users.
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
• Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Clean up computers.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
• Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software;
• Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients;
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems;
• Performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity;
• Assist with the purchase of hardware and software;
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Grade 12
• A+ N+
• At least 5 years’ directly related experience required
• Valid Drivers licence and own vehicle
• Must be available immediately