Our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer. They are looking for a motivated, energetic, inquisitive and highly numerate person who has a solid technical base but also possesses an appreciation for numbers and understands the value that can be derived from interrogating them.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Integration of new sources of data into company databases so that it can also be analyzed and included in relevant reports.
• Designing new database structures or enhancing existing ones to cater for optimal process flow and optimal user querying.
• Integration of data into relevant workflow processes, with the specific aim of continuously improvement and data optimization
• Conceptualizing, defining and delivering new reports as well as improving existing ones
• Analysis of data from various sources in order to ensure that the business acts proactively on the information at its disposal
• Continually searching for new and useful ways to obtain, integrate and analyze data that is relevant to the company’s business model
• Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting current solutions
• Work with Project Managers and Product Owners in developing and executing project plans or development tasks within assigned schedule and timeline.
• Guide and mentor junior resources when needed
• Education of report end-users so as to ensure a maximum spread of expertise around the company
• 3 years relevant work experience or Undergraduate degree with majors in Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar. Alternatively, at least 3 years’ work experience in a business intelligence role will be considered.
• 3-5 years MSSQL experience with specific reference to creation of stored procedures, functions, automation of jobs, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc.
• Working knowledge of SSIS is essential, with specific reference to ETL processes, error handling, data loading
• Working knowledge of SSRS is essential, with specific reference to building parameterized reports, create subscriptions and schedules, expressions and sub reports
• SSIS (creation of complex ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, error handling, loading data from various data sources (flat files, xml), integration of new data into data warehouse, precedence constraints, parameterized connections, etc.)
• SSRS (ability to build parameterized reports, create subscriptions and schedules, expressions, sub reports, etc.)
• 1+ years hands-on experience in developing applications using Kafka (Architecture) and other messaging systems.
• 1+ Working experience with Kafka Client APIs (Producer, Consumer, Streams).
• 1+ years of Real-time Data pipelines/Streaming in distributed env.
• Relevant Post Graduate degree
• SSAS (basic knowledge of multi-dimensional cubes)
• Knowledge of Kimball methodology (star schema)
• Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
• Knowledge of MySQL
• Change Tracking/CDC
• Software Development background
• Accountability and Execution
• Problem Solving
• Collaborative Relationships
• Influences effectively
• Time management
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Attention to detail