Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
ENERGY ENGINEER - 369071
Healthcare/ Pharmacies / Hospitals / Medical / Emergency Services
5 - 6 Years
Relevant Degree - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
The Energy Engineer is responsible for the designing, developing, and evaluating of energy and water related projects / programs with the aim to reduce energy costs and improve energy efficiency, during the designing, building and modelling stages of the project. The role will specifically focus on technical integrity as well as quality, compliance to standards, regulations and policies and procedures to be enforced as well as the development of these technical equipment policies, procedures, and best practices.
The incumbent will be required to investigate, identify, and do Measurement and Verification (M&V) on projects. The position will further require the incumbent to be able to prepare business cases, feasibility studies and assist in specification and procuring of solutions and guidance of the consulting engineers.
Key work output and accountabilities
• Implement an energy optimisation strategy for the hospital Group.
• Ensure that our actions result in the company being regarded as responsible corporate citizen and being compliant with all relevant laws, codes and practices associated with this area of activity.
• Develop projects and initiatives and present to the National Environmental Sustainability Manager for approval.
• Support the National Environmental Sustainability Manager.
• Understanding of the risks in global warming and developing strategies to ensure the business is optimally set up to operate under these constrictive conditions through actively participating in risk reviews and developing solutions or mitigating tactics
• Work with external specialists to ensure we apply best practice and leading trends and to participate in developing ongoing new strategies ensuring continuous relevance in our approach.
• Directly influence lower costs to operate
• Lead, support, develop and refine the environmental data gathering and management systems across the Group.
• Ensure compliance with best practice and developments in environmental impact management and reporting.
• Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to the business on its energy strategy and performance.
• Manage on-going and effective engagement with stakeholders to ensure the success of energy optimisation projects.
• Define objectives and drive action plans and projects, working together with stakeholders from different areas of the organisation and suppliers.
• Apply Ethical principles, Business Integrity, Health and Safety, Human Rights and Labour standards and responsible practices in the responsible area.
• Form partnerships with external organizations and communities to support environmental sustainability efforts.
• Manage a team of specialist engineering skills in developing state of the art and specialist solutions.
• Apply financial management to ensure that company is ultimately protected from financial losses or mismanagement of finances.
• Monitor progress against environmental sustainability strategies & objectives.
• Participate as an expert on operational excellence programs leading to improvements and efficiencies.
• Monitor environmental sustainability related international regulations and emerging trends and translate these, into guidelines and internal standards.
• Support Project Managers in large hospital building projects with respect to design reviews of external consultants, quality control (document, design, and implementation), project procurement and plant commissioning.
• Maintain relevant internal policies to support governance and guidance in implementing or maintaining good environmental practices.
• Assist in the process of identifying environmental sustainability-related risks, issues and opportunities across the Group.
• Oversee implementation of strategies and initiatives to mitigate risks
• Drive achievement of transformation goals as set out by the Transformation Committee
• Liaise with a complex network of stakeholders to ensure business growth and business unit sustainability
Skills /Education and Work Experience required
• Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Degree (4 years) at a NQF level 6 and 7, respectively.
• ECSA Registered Professional Engineer or Technologist.
• Certified Energy Manager Certification (CMVP and CWEP will be adventitious) and other appropriate qualifications is required together with industry specific affiliations.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the energy and water savings and optimisation industry.
• Good report writing skills, feasibility studies and presentation of these types of projects to senior management.
• Experience in Renewable and alternative energy type projects.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the social, cultural, economic, and political environment in SA.
• Understand and use of feasibility calculators.
• Understand and calculation of GHG emissions for internal and external reporting purposes.
• Understand and adherence of Environmental related regulations and standards (ex. SANS10400XA, etc).
• Measurement and Verification processes.