Our client in the Financial Industry is on a search for a Quantitative Analyst to source the relevant industry data, identify and solve business problems......
Understanding the problem
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Banks, Relationship Management, Service Delivery and IT to develop and understanding of business strategy and objectives, identifying the implications to define the data modelling goals for designated projects areas.
• Data acquisition, data mining, and overall project management duties related to one or more existing analytics project areas.
• Design, develop and establish the relevant frameworks, models and business practices to drive the data-centric approach to understand current business problems and strategy, with the provision of input into solutions.
• Maintain knowledge of emerging trends related to analytics, data management, statistical computing/machine learning, business intelligence, data visualisation
Analytics and Data Modelling
• Meet with stakeholders and bank representatives to identify, interpret and assist BA (Business Analyst) in documenting the requirements. This includes to understand business concerns or problems both strategic and operational, relaying results in common business language with managerial implications.
• Analyse data across multiple systems, formats and provide analytics and information that provide integrated views necessary to assist with business concerns.
• Perform formal quality assessment or requirements with business and project manager where applicable.
• Develop and analyse analytical data sets across multiple sources of data, creating meaningful visualisations, design and implement creative approaches to predict modelling problems.
• Design, develop and run model assessments, validation, enhancement activities and balancing procedures to ensure data integrity.
• Design, drive integration and application of analytical model results with internal & external business partners, ensuring benefits realised.
Stakeholder Liaison & Reporting
Qualifications and Experience
? BSc Computational & Applied Maths, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Maths of Finance (Post Grad Preferable)
• Experience in programming language and platforms (R, Python)
• 2 Years extensive database experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 upwards
Knowledge and Skills
• SQL, R, Python, SAS, Matlab, Excel
• Basic knowledge of SQL Database administration and maintenance (advantageous)
• Knowledge of Data Mining, Machine Learning
• Statistical Knowledge (Correlation, multivariate regression etc)