Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER - 315700
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Senior Network Engineer
Our client in the Telecommunications industry is looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer.
Support the engineering manager in providing technical leadership in the development and maintenance of secure, reliable, and efficient IT infrastructure, including voice, network, security and hosting elements, that provides platform for company production services.
• Establishing and maintaining optimal IT infrastructure performance by building appropriate technical designs and configurations, and providing escalation support for the infrastructure.
• Provide a lead engineering and support role for consultancy and deployment projects on Company Key accounts
Support the engineering manager in providing technical leadership in the development and maintenance of secure, reliable, and efficient IT infrastructure, including voice, network, security and hosting elements, that provides platform for Company production services.
5 years+ of hands-on network engineering experience in a business focussed environment
- 3 years+ experience working directly with large corporate customers
- 3 years+ experience of working with firewall configurations and deployments
- 3 years+ experience in providing documented infrastructure designs aligned to business requirements
- Proven understanding of networking protocols and configurations (e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS)
- Proven understanding of monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Proven understanding of security features such as proxy, WAF, IPSEC / SSL VPN, IDS, and UTM services
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge of load-balancing services (SNAPT, F5) an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of VMware networking components (DVS, NSX) an advantage
- Experience with ISO 27002 and PCI an advantage
- Experience with Cisco CUBE, CUCM deployments an advantage
- Experience with Sonus Voice deployments an advantage
- Relevant network certifications an advantage
- Experience working with Linux / Unix an advantage
- Strong understanding and experience working with eBGP, transit and IX peering configurations an advantage
- Knowledge / experience of SIP, G.711, and G.729 voice coding schemes, Call Admission Control an advantage