Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - 311323
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
7 - 8 Years
Relevant Degree - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R700,000 P/A (Per Annum)
South Africa’s leading online retailer is looking for highly talented Software Development Engineers to join their exciting team in Rosebank, Johannesburg. They are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join their team. They offer market related benefits, a great working environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!
They are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work on their Platform team. You should be initiative and comfortable in taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment. You will work with technical colleagues and should be comfortable gathering and organising information into a sensible action plan.
If you would like to be part of a standard of excellence, then this may be the right place for you! APPLY NOW!
• 5+ years in API and Web development
• Highly proficient with Python or PHP, and related web frameworks and web technologies, such as Django, Flask, or Laravel
• Relational databases
• Architecting, developing, testing and maintaining HTTP based APIs
• Development in a Linux
• Experience or interest in learning Docker and Kubernetes
• Solid understanding of version control systems (especially git)
• Advanced understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to algorithms, data structures, design patterns and OOP
• Comfortable with the odd frontend job - must have basic skills with (X)HTML, CSS and JS
• Design, develop and test code written in Python, working on a platform in Python and bash
• Building tooling around DevOps and Software Engineering best practices
• Draft technical specifications and briefs
• Monitor latency, performance, efficiency, and change management.
• Passionate about improving resilience and observability of distributed systems
• Perform code reviews
• Maintain and improve code quality
• Write and deploy robust and backwards compatible code
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
Reference Number for this position is GZ42207-2018 which is a permanent position based in Rosebank offering a cost to company salary negotiable on experience and ability at around R700k per annum.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!