Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - 324437
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Job Order number
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead and control a team of Technicians, Artisans and all maintenance activities in Press Shop.
• Coordinate the development of departmental employees through training and motivation.
• Formulate and determine department operating plans and ensure compliance to objectives
• Ensure that all facilities and services installations comply with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act.
• Analyze breakdowns to establish the root cause of failures and ensure TPM is performed as per set standard.
• Support Process and Project Planning departments with new installations of facilities and ensure they adhere to the companies Safety Standards.
• Compile, evaluate and approve Maintenance schedules as per the recommendation from the OEM.
• Supervise and Maintain the Quality Management System within the area of responsibility.
• Plan and control the repair of equipment in order to achieve minimal downtime.
• Recommend and implement modifications existing plant machinery and equipment, to the latest engineering technology and ensure the availability of all spare parts at all times.
• Analyze equipment / supplier manuals and develop maintenance scheduled plans based on supplier recommendations and previous breakdown historical information to ensure optimum equipment technical availability
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Diploma or degree in a technical field (National Diploma/ BTech/ BEng/ BSC qualification) in Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical or Mechatronics.
• Must fulfill requirement of a competent person as prescribed in OSHACT especially referring to GMR
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Maintenance Department
• Must have a proven track record in the maintenance environment
• Knowledge of Robotics, PLC’s, Interbus communication, Drives Networking applications, budget control, and optimum (Profibus) control of maintenance
• Knowledge of regulations such as General, Driven, Electrical Machinery and the OSH Act.
• Be prepared to undergo and successfully pass the Leadership Assessment and must have leadership qualities to handle a team of Technicians/ Artisans.
• Must be computer literate and be prepared to work shifts.
• Have good communication skills and be a strong team player.
• A qualified Artisan with a trade certificate
• Sound knowledge of Press transfer systems and their use for the introduction of new tooling