Overall responsible for the day to day operations of the administration department and providing management accounts and other reporting , including financial planning and budgeting, reporting and budget variances, cost control and cost analysis programmes
Duties & Responsibilities
Review and authorize payments;
Ensure all invoices are duly authorised and values are substantiated for quantity, price and quality with every payment run.
• Ensure the payment list relates to the invoices and reconciled to the creditor ledger and supplier statement with every payment run.
• Ensure and verify that all documents conform with the agreed criteria and if not refer them back to the Creditors immediately.
• Ensure and verify that the EFT detail corresponds with the payment documents for every transaction.
Fixed Asset Register;
Ensure that all amounts per category balances to control account on CDNXL for cost and depreciation at every month end (5th working day of every month)
• Ensure and verify that assets are listed in the correct category and at the right cost with the correct depreciation at every month end (5th working day of every month)
• Ensure that the depreciation rates are confirmed annually with group accounting principles and Wear & Tear tax allowances
• Ensure that all assets are checked at least once a year for existence and location
• Ensure all information regarding assets are kept up to date and filed at all times or when and if any change occurs.
• Ensure that a summary of asset movement with supporting documents are updated and drafted monthly
Ensure reports on Fixed assets - in progress are drafted and reported at every month end.
Ensure that the VAT function as agreed of the Bookkeeper is supervised and reviewed on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that periodic Vat returns are reviewed before submission
Corporate Income tax;
Ensure the company’s income tax liability is calculated monthly and captured in the accounting records.
• Ensure the deferred tax position is calculated and captured in the accounting records periodically.
• Ensure Provisional tax returns are completed and submitted on time with relevant payments as stipulated.
• Ensure the annual corporate income tax return is completed and submitted on time as stipulated.
• Ensure that all filling of documents are up to date and correct in terms of SARS auditing requirements
• Act as primary contact person to SARS for Income Tax issues.
• Ensure the tax assessments are checked with the tax calculation and the necessary payment is done on time or refunds are followed up with SARS.
Monthly Financial Statements;
Draft a calendar at the beginning of every month of the month-end activities and deadlines and ensure all relevant parties are made aware of the timeframes for reporting.
• Ensure to check compliance to the calendar and identify deviations in order too address the concerns before submission date.
• Ensure provisions and accruals are made for current expenses not yet invoiced (in conjunction with the Bookkeeper) with every payment run.
• Ensure Prepaid expenses are being amortised over the relevant period (Which period)(in conjunction with the Bookkeeper).
• Ensure Inter group accounts are reconciled at month-end and queries are resolved with every payment run.
• Ensure (What) schedules are drafted (in conjunction with the Bookkeeper) for control accounts and the schedules balance to the relevant General Ledger account every payment run.
• Verify Bank reconciliations to ensure that it is signed-off and filed for each payment run.
Monthly Financial Reports;
Ensure the required reports for Overseas are drafted and submitted on time as requested.
• Ensure internal management reports are drafted to be relevant to the leader’s specific information need (when)
• Ensure all reports indicate results against budget and prior year figures at every month end (5th working day of every month).
• Ensure variances are analysed and explanations noted with every payment run
• Develop and maintain an efficient information processing system, to ensure that analysis and statistics are relevant to other areas in need of information, for example budget, Govt Dept of Stats, Insurers, Banks etc.
Year End Financial Administration;
Arrange the year-end stock count internally and communicate this with auditors.
• Incorporate year-end requirements into the monthly calendar prior to distribution.
• Prepare year-end reporting pack for Overseas
Draft AFS in GAAP format for audit purposes.
• Arrange with auditors their audit time frame and inform relevant parties accordingly.
• Draft required schedules for the annual audit and assist auditors with their process.
Administration of Financial Procedures and Internal Control;
While performing reviews and analysis, identify areas of control weakness, transgressions to existing control measures and inefficiency in existing procedures and work methods on monthly basis.
• Ensure that the observations and findings are brought to the attention of the Financial Manager when occur.
Participate with management to draft procedures and control measures as and when needed.
Desired Experience & Qualification
B Com majoring in accounting and taxation OR
Diploma or degree in Accounting
Valid Code 08/EB drivers licence
5 years experience in a similar position
Intermediate to Advanced Excel
Understanding of ERP system and data warehouse functions