Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
MANAGER: ECONOMIC GEOLOGY AND GEOCHEMISTRY - 308784
MANAGER: ECONOMIC GEOLOGY AND GEOCHEMISTRY
Biological / Scientific / Pharmaceutical / Medical Research
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Manager: Economic Geology And Geochemistry
Provide effective leadership to project members and teams and manage the Economic Geology and Geochemistry Unit. Oversee and manage the implementation of operational and performance plans of the business unit in line with the CGS strategy.
Five (5) Year Fixed Term Contract
· Operations Management/Business Process
· Programme/Project Management
· Stakeholder Relations
· Quality Assurance
· Financial Management
· People Management
· Demonstrable and proven success in developing new business in economic geology and geochemistry in particular in response to the national developmental imperatives.
· Demonstrable ability to manage and oversee a diverse portfolio of human capital and finances as well as diverse project environments
· Member of an appropriate professional institution (e.g. SACNASP).
· Knowledge of regulations and/or laws applicable to the field of expertise.
· Knowledge of Geoscience Act No100 of 1993 (as amended in 2010), ISO 9001 and PFMA.
· Knowledge the Operational Health and Safety Act.
· Knowledge of applicable regulations and or laws applicable to the field of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· MSc Economic Geology, Geology, Geochemistry or related field, with combined 6 years geoscience and managerial experience in a related field; practical knowledge in Economic Geology and Geochemistry or
· PhD Economic Geology, Geology, Geochemistry with combine
d 5 years geoscience and managerial experience in a related field; practical knowledge in Economic Geology and Geochemistry
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY