Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
PROJECT MANAGER - 314258
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
• Take accountability to lead, organise, plan and control multiple complex IS projects, in a manner that will ensure the successful completion of specific, large and high-risk projects.
• Has the accountability to ensure that project goals and objectives are achieved within the overall scope and that project deliverables are within the agreed time frame, cost and as per defined and expected quality.
• Acts as an evangelist of the discipline.
Key Outputs Initiation:
• Register an initiative at a change forum, or respond to an initiation request.
• Coordinates the kick-off meeting where all main stakeholders are identified and provide input to the project scope, objectives and approach.
• During the kick-off meeting facilitates the interaction of other team members (e.g. Business Analysts) with the client.
• Obtain supporting information to complete the initiation documents.
• Produces a project scope and definition document in detail.
• Coordinate and conduct activities with the main stakeholders in order to obtain information and decisions required to draw up (and maintain) the project planning documents.
• Experience managing global cross-functional projects, including external parties and offshore development.
• Experience working in both structured and unstructured environments, with ability to discern and apply necessary level of structure/management to effectively deliver project.
• Willing and able to do the work (not dependent on others to prepare plans, take notes, etc.) and takes action independently.
• Manage meetings and minutes according to the agreed schedule and format. Maintain all project related documents.
• Produces realistic and workable project plans.
Monitoring and Control:
• Ensure that Project milestones are met.
• Issue resolution and management.
• Strong ability to handle and manage change and risk.
• Scope change control.
• Manage ongoing monitoring, reporting and control activities throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Facilitate the decision making process with stakeholders and document accordingly.
• Experience managing hybrid Agile & Waterfall projects, or experience with each and solid understanding of how these can fit together to achieve project delivery with different teams using different methods.
• Produce and maintain the documents and status reports to support the above activities. These include: Project Exception Log (Issues, Change requests, Decision, Action logs), Project status reports, Meeting agendas and minutes, Risk log.
• Tracks project and raises issues timeously.
• Report on the quality of project output on completion of the project.
• Conduct the activities to gather information required to draw up the Close Out document and post implementation review.
Guidelines, standards and Reference Examples:
• Adhere to the prescribed Project Management standards, templates and code of conduct
• Participate in internal forums such as PMO Work Group and lead workstreams, to contribute to the methodology and standards.
• Conduct training with own team.
• Ensure that knowledge acquired in the project is shared within the larger Project community.
• Peer Review of project records.
• Lead and manage the project resources.
• Mentor and guide the project team where required.
• Project Management. SDLC, Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• MS Office, Office Suite, MS Project and Enterprise PM tools
• Business Writing skills and strong command of the English language
• Group facilitation and presentation skills
• Organising and planning
• Negotiation Skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• People management skills: ability to lead and mange virtual teams of internal or external resources; mentor and motivator.
• Client orientation.
• Conflict Management.
• Effective stress management.
• Action orientation.
• Qualification & Experience.
• PMI accreditation; Project Management qualification or Business degree with Project Management Topic.
• Mechanical/Electrical Engineering background prior to IT background.
• Programme qualification or Honours Degree.
Minimum Required Experience:
• At least 8 years’ experience managing IS projects, preferably mobile and web apps, in a corporate systems development environment.