Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LEAD - 313577
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LEAD
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
7 - 8 Years
Relevant Degree - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R900 P/A (Per Annum)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LEAD – INVESTMENT BANK – SANDTON R70
An EXCITING opportunity exists within an amazing corporate organization with all the benefits of a software dev house. This ever growing Giant in financial services is expanding its footprint and wanting to leave a mark and build on their legacy. The successful candidate will join a very young and dynamic team of “Techies”. The positions are aimed at increasing the organization's capacity for ever demanding projects and staff headcount.
You will be required to provide overall application systems design and balance requirements against resource utilisation and architectural factors and in line with the business strategy.
This is not a role for the faint hearted. Apply now and begin your 2019 with a Bang!!!!
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in development and design (Application, Infrastructure, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in either Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
• Deep understanding of Architectural concepts (Separation of concerns, layering, Application Building Blocks vs Solution Building Blocks, etc.)
• Deep understanding of integration techniques (e.g. SOAP services, RESTful web services).
• Experience in modern API platform design.
• Experience in modern security practices
• Experience in DevOps
Experience in Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
• Experience partitioning large systems into subsystems and components that can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience across business capabilities and architecture domains
• Advanced knowledge and application of a variety of hardware and software platforms and integrated information systems. Specifically, FICO Blaze, Drools, Java, JEE, Linux, DB2, WebSphere and Abinitio
Must have Skills:
• A good mix of Technical and Programming Skills (Java, SQL, Rule Engines, .Net, Oracle, DB2)
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge of architecture methodologies (TOGAF, Gartner) in relation to software intensive systems.
• Knowledge of Information System Design.
• Knowledge of Solutions Architecture.
• Proven ability to roll out phased solutions.
• Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces and multi-processor designs.
Reference Number for this position is GZ42532-2018 which is a Contract position based in Sandton offering contract rates of between R700 and R900 per hour negotiable on experience and ability.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!