Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - 312392
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple project workstreams and additional project related adhoc requests within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost. This per the Company's project governance framework. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through the efforts of others, for up to 1 year.
The role will be reporting into the PTP Programme Manager
• Extensive experience in an IT Software Development environment ensuring delivery against agreed expectations.
• Extensive experience managing multiple IT projects is mandatory.
• Proficient in MS Office, Powerpoint and Excel
• Vendor management and ability to work virtually will be advantageous
• Adherence to processes and structured work methods but fluid enough to adopt an iterative way of working where necessary and agreed to with the Programme Manager
• Work well under pressure and high tolerance for ongoing stress and ambiguety
• Proactive , self-driven and committed
• Take accountability and ownership for delivery
• Experience of financial management advantageous
• Scope and plan project delivery in detail.
• Produce required Project documentation, and ensure agreement on deliverables
• Manage the delivery of the required solutions and deviations to plan
• Manage the project risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans
• Take responsibility for project progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary
• Proactive communication to ensure visibility of project status and impact to all affected parties using reporting
• Prepare project progress reports in preparation for daily/weekly project status meeting with onshore leads and the GET Programme Manager
• Ensure buy in / sign off from key stakeholders at different stage gates
• Engage with Architecture, Analysis and Design, Development and Testing throughout the project lifecycle
• Manage project budgets to ensure that costs are controlled and savings/benefits of the project are kept intact
• Rigorously manage all scope changes and impacts via Impact Assessments and Change Requests
• Neutrally chair project meetings and prepare necessary documents, such as minutes
• Direct and motivate the project team(s) to ensure successful delivery of scope within time, cost and quality agreements
• Qualification in project management
• 5+ years senior project management experience
• Extensive experience (minimum of 5 years) managing the delivery of Software Development projects including the supporting infrastructure, with an expert understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) is non-negotiable
• Experience in managing large IT migration projects is also non-negotiable
• ITIL V3 qualification advantageous
• Collaboration (Relating)
• Customer first
• Innovation (Perspective)
• Leading with Influence
• Personal Mastery (Learning)
• Strategic and / or systemic thinker
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.