Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
PROCESS ENGINEERING MANAGER - 369334
PROCESS ENGINEERING MANAGER
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Manage the Process Engineering group in support of new product introduction, early stage mass production, optimization of catalyst manufacture, and related process equipment aspects of these. The position is also responsible for support of daily operations
Duties & Responsibilities
State the principal accountabilities (this should be no more than 6 top key accountabilities for the role) in terms of results
• Overall leadership & management responsibility of the process engineering group. Manages the interface
with relevant sector technology and engineering functions.
• Design, plan, coordinate and lead cross functional teams to fulfil the introduction of new catalyst process
technology and equipment into the production operation. Accountable for engineering activities
associated with launch to close out of low and medium risk NPI projects.
• Participate in and coordinate programs to achieve improvement in process, process control, and
• Provide Process Design information on new facilities and equipment.
• As required for future technologies or customer quality requirements, assess the capability of existing
equipment and processes to deliver this.
• Use analytical methods to develop problem solving strategies. Support production organization as
required to solve technical or processing issues which may arise during the course of mass production.
Scope of the Role
The magnitude of the role – quantifiable effect on business end result, include information such as span of control, budget managed, geographic span, sales, production costs, CAPEX (information dependent on function).
• Plant focus
• Large plant; 6-12 Process Engineers & NPI Project Coordinators (Plant Specific)
• Responsible for day-to-day functions of Process Engineering.
• Manages a budget of ~$1M. Plant Specific
• Responsible for the successful transfer of technologies into production, including successful and timely
completion of PPAP.
• Support and Optimization of production processes, with leadership of trouble shooting activity as
Desired Experience & Qualification
University degree in Engineering discipline and significant technical and/or manufacturing experience
Demonstrated experience in effective leadership, with ability to coach, develop and engage
individuals and teams.
Instill a culture of accountability and effective leadership of change.
Familiar with NPI process and requirements, as well as manufacturing processes.
Capability in problem solving methodologies and ability to lead a trouble shooting team.
Package & Remuneration
Market related plus Benefits