Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR | FAST GROWING GLOBAL ORGANISATION - 357972
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR | FAST GROWING GLOBAL ORGANISATION
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
5 - 6 Years
Relevant Degree - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R50,000 - R55,000 P/M (Per Month)
medical aid and pension fund
Database Administrator | Fast growing global organisation (JB219)
R50 - 55 000 per month negotiable + group life, disability insurance programs and provident fund contribution
The database administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of MSSQL and Postgres based solutions. Responsibilities include maintaining existing SQL instances and deploying new instances using Azure SQL services, maintaining existing infrastructures for database and reporting systems, as well as generating adhoc reports to respond to business needs. The successful candidate will have a proven ability in understanding SQL instance services in Microsoft Azure and be able to manage reporting in SSRS, as well as designing and maintaining data warehouse scripts and schemas.
A degree or equivalent in computer science, data science or information technology, with a minimum 5 years’ experience working in the health technology sector, finance sector or similar will provide a strong advantage in considering candidates. The successful candidate will work well independently and as part of a team, show initiative and take ownership of systems under their remit.
• Administration and management of databases in QA, UAT and PROD environments
• Performance tuning and optimization of database schema, indexes and stored procedures
• Manage and maintain current reporting systems using SSRS
• Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery, rebuilding and reorganizing
• Ensure that all database releases are properly assessed and measured from a functionality and performance perspective
• Maintain current data warehousing schemas and scripts
• Produce documentation on data flow, release notes and process flow as required
• Expertise in SQL scripting using TSQL is an advantage
• Proficiency with MS SQL Server including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis and integration
• Proficiency using MS SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS and SSIS
• Experience using monitoring and profiling tools, e.g. MS SQL Profiler
• Experience optimizing existing queries and developing optimized queries from scratch
• Excellent writing and spoken communication skills
• Proven ability to operated independently or as part of a team
• Experience using PostgreSQL
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environments
• Ability to design, build and test data pipelines in line with business requirements
• Exposure to Azure SQL services (managed instances, Azure Synapse)
• Experience in deploying and maintaining data lakes and sandboxing