Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
NATIONAL TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR - 369409
NATIONAL TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Transport / Logistics / Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cato Ridge, KwaZulu-Natal
Responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation. This includes managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
Product deliveries are considered a key value adding activity . As such, excellent and reliable service from the transport fleet is essential. Trucks and drivers need to be well presented and drivers well trained to engage with customers in a positive way
Duties & Responsibilities
Monitor vehicle inspection check lists weekly.
• Ensure all maintenance activities are logged via job cards on the FIXX maintenance program.
• Keep a record of all risk and safety assessment for on farm deliveries.
• Ensure silo inspection on farms are done and documented.
• Prepares the department budget and submits to his line manager for approval on an annual basis.
• Tasked with achieving budgetary efficiency and report monthly on actuals versus budget expenditures.
• Responsible for the management and tracking of all deliveries and turnaround time and efficiencies.
• Support orders department as and when required.
Do the daily driver scoring based on set KPI’s and do bonus allocations.
• Review the monthly driver salaries for correctness and ensure that driver’s schedules for payment is with HR by the 16th of each month.
• Facilitate any insurance claims related to the transport fleet
Making sure vehicles are properly maintained according to vehicle and trailer service plans and mechanically sound functioning.
• To maintain an efficient and reliable fleet of trucks by ensuring that the repairs and routine maintenance of the trucks is planned according to schedule to avoid unplanned downtime.
• To oversee the daily logistics schedules of all goods leaving the premises.
• Keeping schedules and organising team members.
• To monitor the efficiencies of the trucks and drivers by utilising the Vehicle Tracking system and to continually evaluate the driver’s performance.
• To make sure that there is a full complement of experienced drivers available by following the recruiting procedure and doing relevant driving checks.
• Ensuring that all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications and valid licencing.
• Responsible to ensure that the trucks are maintained in a presentable and acceptable roadworthy condition by implementing processes and checks.
• Monitor drivers and trucks to comply with company and legal regulations
Leadership & HR
Comply and implement Leadership and Human Resources procedures and work instructions.
• Continually strive to improve teamwork with employees.
• Responsible for a support team at each branch to help you to ensure operations run efficiently and effectively, this will require you to ensure all personnel are trained appropriately.
• Take part in the recruitment, interviewing, assessing and training of drivers.
• You must be fully aware of industry health and safety regulations and ensure all staff adhere to company policy in this respect.
• Diploma in transportation would be an added advantage.
• Valid Code EC driver’s license (no endorsements)
• No criminal record
• 3 Years previous proven experience in bulk tanker deliveries essential.
• Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience essential.
Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word
• Knowledge of vehicle tracking systems.
• A sound knowledge and commercial awareness of the industry.
• Experience of management/leadership is essential as well as experience of training and performance monitoring of staff.
• Aware of industry health and safety regulations.