Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
COMMERCIAL MANAGER - MINING - 367388
COMMERCIAL MANAGER - MINING
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Northern Cape, Northern Cape
Our client is a large Mining Company with multiple operations in Southern Africa. The following opportunity exists for a results-driven individual with a proven track record in a commercial role, to join the Commercial team. The incumbent will play a critical role in enabling the Mining Operations.
All candidates are eligible to apply.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
KEY FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
• Manage the spend analysis of goods, works and services and ensure aligned code items across the organization.
• Ensure opex spend is consolidated and transferred onto contract, to reduce supply costs.
• Lead high level negotiations with major partners and suppliers.
• Drive the development of sourcing plans to minimise cost and maximise value to the business.
• Manage vendor due dilligences and monitor supplier performance against contracts.
• Streamline the procurement process and deliver goods and services on agreed service level in terms of time, cost, quality, quantity and contract terms.
• Develop and implement overarching policies, procedures and systems to deliver best practice procurement solutions.
• Establish effective vendor selection and sourcing plans which support local businesses, without compromising on service delivery.
• Establish a systematic relationship management to optimise the performance of suppliers / contractors and develop strategic collaborations.
• Set-up and manage a process to:
Ring-fence the on-boarding of innovative companies.
Fast-track the testing/piloting of new technologies and SMEs without going through the traditional tender process.
Establish and lead an organisation-wide governance and risk management framework to monitor and control Commercial performance,
Ensure compliance with Commercial policies
and realise business opportunities.
KEY BEHAVIORAL SKILLS
• Leadership Skills, Strategic approach and leading with integrity.
• Negotiation & People Management Skills.
• Conflict Management & Influencing Skills.
• Having an entrepreneurial mind-set.
• Driving innovation, Pursuing excellence.
Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessment and background checks.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible to effectively plan, direct, and coordinate all commercial-related activities.
The incumbent will be a key member of the Commercial team and will report directly to the Chief
Commercial Officer, with administrative reporting to SBU Director.